Skip to content
Piri Piri Meatballs
- 1.5 lb cold ground turkey
- 2Tbsp Bailan Spice Piri Piri seasoning
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, more for serving, if desired
- 3 cups marinara sauce, more to taste
- 1lb Penne Pasta
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine Bailan Spice Piri Piri seasoning, ¾ of the cheese, salt, turkey, and egg, and blend with your hands until well mixed.
- TIP: cover mixture and chill mixture for an hour or up to 24 hours. The balls form easier while very cold.
- Roll the mixture into 28 – 30, each about 1 1/4-inches in diameter.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and brown the meatballs on all sides for 5-8mins. Repeat the process till all meatballs are browned. Put meatballs on a plate
- Add marinara sauce with 1Tbsp of oil, bring to a simmer and add meatballs with their juices to the pan
- Simmer for 15-20mins until meatballs are fully cooked
- Boil pasta with a pinch of salt while meatballs are cooking
- Serve meatballs on the pasta and sprinkle ¼ of cheese for added flavor