- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Bailan Spice Ethiopian Berbere
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups water
- Blend onion and garlic till finely ground
- Warm oil and stir in onion and garlic mix, Bailan Spice Ethiopian Berbere, and salt.
- Cook for 5minutes on medium heat
- Blend and add tomatoes. Cook on high for 3-5minutes
- Reduce heat to low and add chickpea flour; stir while you pour in the flour. The mixture will be thick, like peanut butter.
- Keep stirring and add the water in one slow stream until it becomes quite smooth.