Skip to content
Dodo (plantains) and Beans
- 2 cups of dark red kidney beans
- 4 ripe plantains
- 1/2 medium onions
- 1 tbl spoon Bailan Hot African Chicken Spice
- 2 tbl spoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Chop onions and saute in oil for 3mins
- If using beans from a can, rinse out brine / If using dried beans, boil beans until soft and rinse
- Add beans, Bailan Hot African Chicken Spice, water, and salt to the onions
- Cook for 20-25mins, occasionally stirring to prevent burning
- While the beans are cooking, peel, slice plantains into oval shapes, and deep or air-fry
- Once done, serve hot and enjoy!
No related posts!